While many people choose the start of a new year to look forward and make resolutions they know they'll never keep I am choosing to look backward on the year 2007 and wonder at how God has led us and be thankful for the many things I have learned and experienced. Here are some of the things that I am thankful for.
1. A wife who supports my craziness, my need for exploration and who is willing to grow with me in love for each other.
2. Family who supports us and who we got to spend 5 weeks with this summer.
3. Friends who travel and share their spirit for adventure and stories with us. Especially those travelling friends who take time out of their adentures to visit, thanks Nils, Matty and Angela!
4. The joy of visiting Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore this year on holidays.
5. Friends we have made in Korea and Ethiopia and who have encouraged us with their passion for what they do and their acceptance of us.
6. Walking to work at 6am and seeing the sun come up.
7. The open doors that led us to Ethiopia and that ignited a passion for Africa.
8. Small moments that make you glad you're alive and where you are at that exact moment.
These are some of the big things as well as small joys like strong Ethiopian coffee, cooking, good music and iPods to play it, showers (when I get them), and restaurants that serve good foreign food. Most of all I am thankful for the faith that no matter where I am God has me there for a reason, even if I don't understand it. May the new year be as full of blessing as the last one was for all of you.